Friday, February 29, 2008

Update

A couple of updates from some previously mentioned topics:

1) Things with Tristan have gotten better. Ever since we started him on solids, he's been more easygoing. Not super mellow, but not so Screamy McCranky Pants awful either.
I don't want to jinx it but he has been sleeping much better the past few nights. Basically, he's been eating a huge dinner and then getting topped up (boobs) right before bed. The first night he woke up twice but I didn't feed him. I shushed him, re-swaddled him and hit the vibrate button on the bassinet. And he fell back asleep! And the next night, he only woke up once! Holy crap!
Today he went to daycare because it's my one work day. It was supposed to be a half day but I was busy and in meetings so I didn't end up picking the boys up until after 3 pm. How did he do? He took a bottle! He ate! He slept! He pooped! He cried a biy but they said he did pretty well considering it was his first day and he's only 6 months (almost 7 now).
Since we've been home, he's been totally mellow, pretty calm and generally pleasant to be around.
I am so relieved. It is possible. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Who knows. This might not last (I've probably jinxed it now). But I know that it is possible, that he does have it in him. And that is such a huge weight off my shoulders.

2) Oliver is still totally a mama's boy. Lately he's into "hockey", Basically hitting a ball with a wooden spoon. All He wants to do is play "hockey sticks mama". Too fucking cute. I think I'm going to buy him mini-hockey sticks.
He's developed a rash on his face that has been there for a couple of weeks. We initially thought it was dry skin but I've been moisturizing religiously and it hasn't really helped. I don't want to be neurotic but I kind of want to get it checked out. It is pretty red. He doesn't scratch at it or anything but I figure the doctor's visit is free so why the hell not.

3) I am due to get my legs waxed again soon, probably next week. The last time I got it done was Jan 17.... 6 weeks, not bad! Yes, I will be doing the bikini, probably the brazilian. Yes, it hurts. But the thing is, it only hurts for about 5 seconds and then it's over. And now that I am swimming regularly, it's worth it.

4) We are in the midst of a lovely little snowstorm. So pretty.

5) Things are good. I am happy.

No comments: