Monday, February 4, 2008

10 Things

10 Things my MIL has Actually Said to Me:

1) You should give the kids multivitamins so they aren't short like their dad.

2) Babies start to teeth as soon as you give them solids.

3) I brought some antibiotics back from South America in case you want some.

4) I don't take children outside during the winter, it's mean.

5) You should give the baby (5 months old at the time) a piece of steak. It's cute to watch him gnaw on it.

6) How are my babies? (in reference to her grandchildren. You know, the ones I GAVE BIRTH to!)

7) Can't you bring the kids over now? I miss them. (at 6 pm when the boys are in bed at 7 pm)

8) Why don't you call me? Don't you love me?

9) Why is he in daycare? Don't you miss him during the day?

10) The only reason Oliver could be in a bad mood is because you're pregnant again. Are you pregnant?

I know you ladies out there have some good ones too, so share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KER-RAZY.

Mine, after looking at me speculatively: "I know why your cat is so fat! She never lost her pregnancy weight!"

"Constance-1-M" said...

Wait - your son is only in a bad mood when you're pregnant?! WOW!! How did you teach him that trick?

ROTFLMAO

I get the general assortment of "Why doesn't my son talk to me, really talk to me & share his life with me?" statements. All I want to do is tell her the truth: Because you are a crazy woman who needs to develop boundaries, get some friends & stop calling him 3 times every day to ask him the same questions.

3 times a day.
EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Crazy person.