Monday, March 3, 2008

Jinx

I totally jinxed myself. Friday night Tristan slept from 7:30-5 am. I talked about it. All day. To a lot of people. I felt so well rested! Even Brad kept telling me how well rested I looked, how it was a relief to know things were (slowly) improving.

But then....

Saturday night he was up at 10, 12, 12:45, 1:30 and 5.....
d'oh! Last night was a bit better, he slept from 10-5. But this is the last time I start telling people how well he's sleeping. It always comes back to bite me in the ass.

Also, is there anything more obnoxious than coming back to bed after having gotten up to tend to a screaming child for the third time in a couple of hours and have him hogging the whole bed snoring. Then he has the nerve to get annoyed when you push him over (not too delicately, I'll admit) but then he starts snoring. Loudly. Yeah, I didn't think so either.

More and more I realize that there is no way a man could be a mother. No fucking way.

2 comments:

"Constance-1-M" said...

Oh Lord, I can't count the number of times I threatened to kill hubs in his sleep when he slept straight through Princess for the 23rd time that night & I had to be at work the next day too.

(Seriously she used to wake up every 5 minutes & SCREAM until I went in there - for 3 & 4 hours at a time. That lasted for about a month if I remember right - he never heard a thing. Until the night HE PUSHED MY HEAD to wake me up - I threatened to beat the sh*t out of him right there & heard "I just didn't think you heard her" Oh. My. God.)

Leah said...

I am so sorry. You must be exhausted. Sleep deprivation is the worst. And I hear you, the men and getting up to tend to babies thing just stinks.