Friday, January 18, 2008

Work and such

Today was my first day "back" at work. It's kind of a long story but basically I was offered a promotion and substantial raise to cut my mat leave short and go back to work (Tristan is 5 months old). Originally I was to go in 2 days a week as well as doing stuff from home but turns out they didn't want to run the risk of me getting injured in the facility when technically I shouldn't be there. SO.... I am working only from home (woo hoo) and going in Friday mornings ("visiting") for staff meetings. Totally worked out for me since I would rather work in my pjs on my couch, and I look good since I was willing to come in but legally am unable to. ha ha ha.
Anyhow, today was my first "visit" and my boss announced the promotion. I am not officially a Team Leader. Wow. I am looking forward to it. Not only the financial aspect (although woohoo again) but from a motivated to do a good job and be successful aspect. Which I have never felt before.
Weird.

In a completely unrelated story, Brad used the f word tonight, not angrily but more in a descriptive way ("that's a lot of f****ing cars) and Oliver totally tried to repeat the word! Holy crap! We weren't sure if we should laugh or be horrified! We totally need to start monitoring our language lest he drop the f bomb at the in-laws or daycare or something!

hey, wait a second... this is my secret apartment. I can actually type the whole word. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck. how liberating.

2 comments:

C to the G said...

It's really hard for me NOT to laugh when my four year old pops off with a naughty word. Of course I mentally kick myself in the ass, too, but I usually have to turn away and snicker.

Quite a while back I was at a busy plaza looking for a parking spot. It was one of those situations where you HAD to wait for someone to leave (I hate sitting in traffic waiting, but sometimes there is no choice). I had been waiting for a parking spot and someone came in from the other side and took it from right in front of me. I didn't swear, but I was MAD. All of a sudden my son starts saying "f*cking sl*t" repeatedly. "Mommy can't find a f*cking sl*t" (rhymes with butt). Of course, he was trying to say "Parking spot", but oh my gosh, it was hilarious.

Misty said...

We have the potty word problem in our house, too. We try to not make it a big deal with the eldest, who is 7, but I do worry about the 16-month-old's first intelligeble words being less than sanitary.

Also, congrats on the promotion! Sounds like a sweet deal.