Thursday, January 31, 2008

Remember When?

This morning it took us 50 minutes to get ready and out the door. Seriously. It took that long to get the boys changed and dressed, me dressed and groomed (I am very low maintenance), Tristan in his car seat and Oliver in coat and shoes.
It made me think of the way it used to be.
Remember when

- you could wake up and then lie in bed for a bit
- you could spend the entire weekend in your pjs in front of the tv
- you could leave the house in the time it took you to throw on some jeans and a sweatshirt
- you could go out when you wanted without worrying about snacks and naps and diapers

Which makes me think
Remember when

- you'd never held a newborn
- you'd never seen the first smile or heard the first laugh
- you'd never gotten a toddler hug or a moist toddler kiss
- you'd never looked into your kids eyes and felt tears well up in your own because you are so in love with them


Yeah. I think I'd rather have the second option.

No comments: