Monday, January 14, 2008

Jealousy

Last night my mind was abuzz with possible post ideas. So many things to get off my mind, to share, to vent and to complain about. Where to start?
The question was answered this morning. I packed up the boys and headed to W-Mart to get some diapers, and assorted miscellaneous items. As I pushed the cart along the aisles, I started feeling sorry for myself. Here I am, once again, shopping at W-Mart. Same old crap.
Why can't I be shopping at Target?
Why? Because I live in Canada.
And.
Brace yourselves.
We don't have Target.
In fact
I have never been to Target.
However, I think that I would love it. When I read other blogs everyone is always going to Target and buying cute, discounted items. Target is a happy destination, not like W-Mart, which is a form of torture.
I love my country. I love the free health care. I love the year long (paid) maternity leave I am entitled to. I love our wilderness and our Tim Hortons coffee and our CBC television. And most of the time, 99% of the time, I would not trade it for anything.
But then, like this morning, as I trudge across the icy W-Mart parking lot, I wish I were across the border going to Target.

1 comment:

Constance the ninety-ninth said...

Target is OK, but your healthcare system is fabulous. The US healthcare is horrendous! If one can't get insurance, one is DOOMED! Be glad you are in Canada!