Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good Times

I am feeling really good about myself lately. There are several reasons for this improvement:

1) I am sleeping better. Tristan is in bed by 7 pm, then wakes up between 11:30 and midnight, then sleeps again until 6 am. That's 6 hours of sleep I am now getting in a row. Double what I have been getting up until now. I'll take it.

2) I am exercising again. Love those endorphins and muscle ache.

3) Tristan is (slowly) growing out of his crabby baby stage and into the babbling smiley baby stage. This is one of my favourite baby ages. I love the babbling, they are still really portable, and I love making baby food.

4) Oliver is quite charming. He is less clingy and has become quite chatty and outgoing. Two days a week in daycare seems to be a really good amount of time for him. He loves his days there and always wants to show me around when I pick him up ("Mom! Yook! Mom! Come! Yook!"). It sucks that he will have to go back 5 days a week in August. Ah well, that's life.

5) I'm feeling organized in terms of groceries and dinner, which have always been a bit hard for me. I am planning a bit better and only shop once a week. OK, maybe 2-3 times a week but that's better than it used to be. And it's nice to have things on hand (chicken fingers! perogies! salmon!) for those days I don't feel like cooking but still need to feed everyone.

6) Brad and I are doing well. We were never not doing well, but sometimes I am totally off the wave with him and he makes me nuts. Not so much lately.

Looks like all my stars are aligned. Which means this will last all of one day and then someone won't sleep or someone will have a crabby day or something and it will all go to hell.

But for now, things are good.

No comments: