Friday, March 7, 2008

Making Time

This afternoon I thought I'd try something different. I was home by 1:30, lunch in hand. Both boys were at daycare for the full day. It was the first time in a long time that I had the house to myself.
Usually I would be rushing around, cleaning this, vacuuming that, throwing in a load of laundry. But this afternoon I thought differently. I crawled into bed with my book and have been there for the past hour.
The vacuuming can wait. The dishes can sit there a while longer. I can fold laundry tonight.
The house is silent. Outside, the snow begins to fall.
This afternoon is for me. I decompress. I re-energize. I relax.
I make time for myself.

1 comment:

Constance the Thirteenth said...

Isn't it funny how energizing just one afternoon to yourself can be? When you have one it makes you wonder why you don't do that more often!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed - you deserved it!!